OverviewPlease note your TIME ZONE!
This Course is a Live Webinar and will be live-streamed:
9:00 am ET, 8:00 am CT, 7:00 am MT, 7:00 am AZ, 6:00 am PT
"Nutrition and Dentition"
Presented by Angie Yorina, RDH, MS, PHDHP
Course Description: Upon completion of the course dental professionals will be able to identify how proper or poor nutrition impacts the dentition and understand the importance of teaching their patients the health benefits and risks involved.
- The food pyramid and why changes were made
- Fad diets and whole body health, begins with the mouth
- Nutritional Supplements, are they better than food?
- Should we use sugar or sugar substitutes?
- Flavored medicines and oral care
- Surgical Procedures and NPO
- The importance of crunchy and/or soft foods
- Improper mastication and digestion
- Orthodontic food restrictions
- Midnight Snacking
- Acid reflux and erosion
- Nutrition during pregnancy and dental health considerations
- Importance of early proper nutrition and oral habits for children
PDHA Academy Member: $ 20.00
ADHA Member $ 25.00
Non-Member/Dentist/Staff: $ 35.00
There will be a late registration fee of $10.00 after Tuesday,
October 26, 2021 until the course date
Speaker: Angie Yorina, RDH, MS, PHDHP
Angie Yorina, RDH, MS, PHDHP, received her MS from Misericordia University in Dallas, PA. Angie implemented a dental clinic at The Hope Center in Luzerne, PA and was the recipient of the PDHA Community Dental Health Award in 2008. She is a member of her Professional Associations of ADHA, PDHA and the Northeast Component. Angie works at Luzern County Community College, in Nanticote, PA, as a Clinical Instructor. She also speaks on special needs patients, communication, toothpastes and polishing.
Course Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Categories: Diet and Nutrition (Dental Effects and Nutritional Counseling of the Patient)
Provider Approval: Associated, affiliated, sponsored, approved, accredited, or offered by the (ADHA) American Dental Hygienists' Association,The Pennsylvania academy of Dental Hygiene studies
Educational Type: Live
Educational Method: Lecture
Prerequisites : None
Sponsor(s) : NE Component of PDHA-Sector 9
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: None
All CE Zoom related support: support.cezoom.com
Date / Time
Fri, Oct 29, 2021: 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET