PRESENTED BY MILLIE WESCOE, RDH, PHDHP. Millie has practiced as a hygienist in the Lehigh Valley for more than 40 years and has spoken in our area previously on Autoimmune Diseases.
This course will include a review of the oral cavity's role in digestion as well as the rationale for including this as part of patient education when relevant. Specific autoimmune and non-autoimmune digestive disorders along with their influence on and repercussions to the oral cavity will be discussed. From Sjogren's to Celiac's to Esophegeal Reflux, the clinician will gain ability to provide education, support and possible recommendations to clients who suffer from chronic and often serious digestive conditions.
- Define the specific digestive functions of the oral cavity, stomach and intestinal system
- Cite the manner in which specific oral conditions can affect the digestive process
- Describe the various autoimmune and non-autoimmune digestive diseases including symptoms and effects on the oral cavity
- Identify the difference between autoimmune and non-autoimmune digestive disorders
- Recognize the adjunctive role of the hygienist in assisting the client with a digestive disorder
PDHA Academy Member: $30
ADHA/PDHA Member: $40
Non Member/Dentist/Staff: $60
REGISTER BY MAY 15TH TO AVOID $15 LATE FEE
Date / Time
Wed, May 22, 2019: 06:30 PM - 08:30 PM
Green Pond Country Club