Periodontal Staging and Grading 3 CEU
Course Learning Outcomes: At the end of the three-hour CEU, the participant will be able to:
1. Classify periodontal health and gingival diseases and conditions.
2. Recognize periodontitis and stage and grade periodontal disease according to the 2017 American Academy of Periodontology and the European Federation of Periodontology World Workshop on the Classification of Periodontal and Peri-Implant Diseases and Conditions.
3. List systemic diseases and/or acquired conditions affecting periodontal supporting tissues.
4. Recognize peri-implant health, peri-implant mucositis, peri-implantitis, and soft and hard peri-implant tissue deficiencies.
5. Access tools to assist the dental professional in the staging and grading process.
Virginia Heroux, RDH, MS, is an Associate Professor of Dental Hygiene at Mount Wachusett Community College (MWCC) and full-time faculty since 2008. She teaches Anatomic Science II, Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist, and first- and second-year Dental Hygiene Process of Care didactic and clinical courses. She is currently Immediate Past President of the Massachusetts Dental Hygienists’ Association, serves as an advisor to the MWCC Student Dental Hygiene Club, and serves as a Steering Committee Member for Mount Wachusett Community College New England Commission of Higher Education accreditation team. Prior to teaching, Virginia was employed in general and periodontal practices in MA, CT, and RI, where she focused on patient safety, periodontal therapy, and patient education. Virginia has presented on Faculty Calibration for her department, Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens for the dental community, and provided 2 workshops for the Dental Hygienist on Permit L Local Anesthesia Training.
Ms. Heroux received her Certificate in Dental Hygiene from the Forsyth School for Dental Hygienists and her Associate Degree in Science from Northeastern University. She holds a B.S. in Dental Hygiene Education from the University of Rhode Island and a Master of Science from the University of Bridgeport. She is a member of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association, American Dental Education Association and the Organization for Safety Asepsis and Prevention.
Course Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Categories: Periodontics (Diagnosis, Treatment (surgical/non-surgical), Maintenance, Scaling / Instrumentation, Supportive Perio Therapies),Dental Hygiene Practice Management / Organization
Provider Approval: Associated, affiliated, sponsored, approved, accredited, or offered by the (ADHA) American Dental Hygienists' Association
Educational Type: Live
Educational Method: Lecture
Prerequisites : None
Sponsor(s) : Crest & Oral-B
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: None
All CE Zoom related support: support.cezoom.com
Date / Time
Sat, May 7, 2022: 08:30 AM - 12:00 PM ET
287 Iyannough Road
$65.00-non-members, $45.00- members