OverviewPlease note your TIME ZONE!
This Course is a Live Webinar and will be live-streamed:
6:30 pm ET, 5:30 pm CT, 4:30 pm MT, 3:30 pm AZ, 3:30 pm PT
The PDHA Northeast Component Presents
"Human Oral Microbiome: It’s role in Health and
Disease in the Mouth
Wednesday, March 16, 2022 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm (eastern time) 2 CEU’s
A Live Webinar CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR THE ENTIRE DENTAL TEAM
The participant will:
1. Compare the properties of oral microbiome and biofilm in respect to health and disease.
2. Summarize the process of potential disease-causing biofilm development.
3. Demonstrate how newer evidenced based research assists oral health care providers in the understanding of the disease process and subsequent treatment planning and patient education.
4. Describe oral microbiome symbiosis and dysbiosis in respect to caries, soft tissue inflammation, periodontal disease and possibly certain cancers.
5. List the ways in which a healthy oral microbiome and subsequent biofilm may be established to prevent disease or reestablished from an existing disease- causing state.
6. Summarize the connection between oral microbiome dysbiosis and its possible effect on total body health.
7. Discuss the necessity as well as content of patient education in regard to improving patient health and reducing oral and possible systemic disease states.
Speaker: Mildred Wescoe, RDH, PHDHP
Millie is a 1975 graduate of the dental hygiene program at Northampton Community College and then attended East Stroudsburg University. Millie has worked in private practice for 46 years and continues to have a passion for her profession. She is an ADHA Member and a Distinguished Member of the PDHA Academy of Dental Hygiene Studies. Millie has received the PDHA Service to the Community Award. She has been a Delegate and Reference Committee Member many times at the PDHA Annual Sessions. Millie has also held positions as the LVDHA Vice President, President and Treasurer. She has been a Musikfest and Celtic Classic volunteer, and has served as the volunteer Business Manager of the Freedom High School Theater Company for 18 years. Millie is the current Treasurer of a Non-Profit Organization supporting The Arts in Bethlehem. She strongly believes in the importance of continuing education to better serve her patients. Millie is excited to share this evening of learning with her colleagues.
Course registration and certificates of attendance will be handled through CE Zoom.
PDHA Academy Member: $ 20.00
ADHA Member $ 25.00
Non Member: $ 45.00
There will be a late registration fee of $10.00 added to the course fee after Sunday, March 13, 2022 until the course date.
Course Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Categories: Biological Sciences (Oral Biology / Microbiology / Neurology / Physiology)
Provider Approval: Associated, affiliated, sponsored, approved, accredited, or offered by the (ADHA) American Dental Hygienists' Association,The Pennsylvania academy of Dental Hygiene studies
Educational Type: Live
Educational Method: Lecture
Prerequisites : None
Conflict of Interest Disclosure: None
All CE Zoom related support: support.cezoom.com
Date / Time
Wed, Mar 16, 2022: 06:30 PM - 08:30 PM ET