Federal and State Labor Laws – Issues That Affect Dental Hygienists and The Disciplinary and Legal Consequences of Non-Compliance.
As dental practices struggle to balance patient care with the financial costs of running a practice, dental hygienists often have questions about their role and how they should be compensated. Employment questions always provide for ongoing discussions:
· What questions are not appropriate for a potential employer to ask during an interview? How do I respond if asked?
· What do hygienists in Missouri make?
· Should I be paid for a working interview?
· What benefits should I expect be provided?
Labor issues and potential non-compliance by dentist employers is becoming more and more prevalent. Questions include:
· Can I be asked to clock out for no shows/cancellations/unfilled schedules?
· As a temp, should I be paid with a 1099?
· Can an office pay me a different amount for different appointment types and/or when I am doing sterilization/administrative work?
· Should I be paid to attend staff meetings? Lunch and learns?
In the event an employer is committing a breach of a labor law or regulatory rule, what are your options?
Sponsor(s) : MDHA AND MO-HYPAC
Date / Time
Wed, Nov 29, 2017: 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM
300 N. NEW BALLAS RD.
CREVE COEUR, MO