***THIS IS A 2 PART COURSE; PART 1 WILL BE HELD ON APRIL 20, 2020 FROM 4:00-5:30 PM (EST) AND PART 2 WILL BE HELD ON APRIL 21, 2020 FROM 4:00-5:30 PM (EST). YOUR REGISTRATION FEES COVERS BOTH PARTS***
Local Anesthesia – Mythbusters Edition!
6 Common Myths Explained to Make Your Local Anesthetic Techniques More Successful
- Discuss current local anesthetic market share in the US
- Review the basic pharmacology of local anesthetics
- Discuss common ‘myths’ associated with local anesthesia including:
- Allergy to epinephrine
- pH and the impact on injection pain
- Does needle size make a difference?
- Does topical anesthesia actually decrease injection pain?
- Buffering of local anesthetics
- Which local anesthetics are safe during pregnancy and lactation?
- What is the latest on local anesthetic-related paresthesias?
- Review the latest armamentarium of local anesthetic delivery
- Discuss tips, tricks, and pearls to maximize local anesthetic success
Speaker: Jason H. Goodchild, DMD
Dr. Goodchild received his undergraduate degree from Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA and received his dental training at the University of Pennsylvania School Of Dental Medicine. He is currently the Director of Clinical Affairs at Premier Dental Products Company involved in developing innovative new products and educating clinicians to improve clinical practice. He is also Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Diagnostic Sciences at Creighton University School of Dentistry and Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Diagnostic Sciences at the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Goodchild has published numerous peer-reviewed articles and lectures internationally on the topics of treatment planning, treatment of medical complex dental patients, restorative dentistry, pharmacology, emergency medicine in dentistry, eternal sedation dentistry, and dental photography. He serves on the editorial advisory board of Compendium and Dental Products Report. He has been an invited speaker for the Academy of General Dentistry and American Association of Dental Examiners. He is a reviewer for the Journal of the American Dental Association, General Dentistry, Compendium, and Quintessence International. Dr. Goodchild maintains a private general dental practice in Havertown, PA. He can be reached via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Courses Approved by the PA Academy of Dental Hygiene Studies Acceptable for DMDs, RDHs, EFDAs. Attendance is limited. There may not be registrations available on the day of the course. You must be in attendance for the entire seminar to receive credit. NO REFUNDS! If PDHA must cancel the course, your fee will be fully refunded. While we make every effort to run courses that will count towards your license renewal, the State Board of Dentistry has the final say on what courses they will accept based on the state practice act.
Date / Time
Mon, Apr 20, 2020 - Tue, Apr 21, 2020