Dr. Chris Farrugia is a nationally recognized speaker, teacher, and leader in the areas of medical billing and digital dentistry. An early adopter of digital CAD/CAM technology, Dr. Farrugia added CT to his practice in 2011. He then spent two years developing, implementing, and mastering medical billing protocols for services rendered in his practice. This culminated in 2013 with the completion of his the first book in the 5 book Successful Medical Billing series. Since then, Dr. Farrugia has been a speaker or featured presenter at numerous events and meetings across the country. He teaches dentists nationwide who want to advance their practices with CAD/CAM digital restorative techniques, digital imaging and successfully access medical benefits for their services. Dr. Farrugia is a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep and Breathing and is the past medical director of Pensacola Imaging. He currently practices digital restorative dentistry, TMD, and dental sleep medicine in Destin, Florida.
Sleep Apnea is a medical condition whose treatment includes various oral appliances constructed and delivered by dentists. The outcome of dental sleep medicine services should be successful both clinically and financially including payment by medical carriers. In fact, patients expect their medical plans to participate in the cost of these treatments. Case acceptance is directly tied to the dental practice’s knowledge of billable services and available benefits for services include diagnostics, radiography, and treatment by various oral appliances. Practices beginning to add these services or expanding treatment options beyond mandibular advancement will benefit from learning how to recognize and treat the full spectrum of clinical presentations and be paid for such valuable service!
In this course participants will learn:
1. The financial impact dental sleep medicine and medical billing make on a dental practice
2. Reasonable expectations for medical reimbursements
3. How DSM clinical and financial workflows are connected
4. To identify billable opportunities throughout the clinical workflow
5. Current and correct medical coding protocols through out the treatment process
6. Proper documentation needed for medical record keeping and billing
7. Understand the clinical relevance for MAD oral appliances and other treatment options such as dentofacial orthopedic appliances
Date / Time
Fri, Oct 15, 2021